Monday 7 July 2014

A Scaly Squatter.

Back in the UK, I used to do my housework on a Saturday morning, which really bugged me. What with working all week though, it was the only realistic slot to get the chores completed.

Now, the hateful job has been allocated to Monday mornings. I mean, surely those are the most horrid hours of the week, so why not combine with the vile task of cleaning?

So today, when I began the drudgery, imagine my surprise when I found a poo on our bedroom floor! Yes, a poo! How can that be, we have no pets! Floors swept and mopped, bathrooms cleaned and every conceivable surface dusted, but no sign of any living creature in the house. 

Odd. 

After a few hours, ES called to me, "Mum, there is an iguana in your bedroom". Hmm, yeah right I thought and went off to have a look. Nothing. Nada. Nichts.

However, shortly afterwards, I spotted a little creature hiding behind the curtains, trembling. Yes, ES was right, it was an iguana. Much as I love them, I screamed and jumped on the bed, as if it were a rat. Iguanas in the garden are one thing, but in your bedroom, well that's a bit too much for me! Naturally DH was summoned to rescue me/the iguana much to his annoyance.

Making a bid for freedom!
To be honest, the iguana looked scared s***less, bless. With DH gently coaxing it out of our bedroom with a T-shirt, it scampered along our tiled hallway as fast as it could. Not being able to accommodate the slight angle to exit out of the doorway, it went skidding under the kitchen table and ended slumped by the bin. The poor thing must have detected DH approaching, so it managed a U-turn and went scurrying out of the door, onto the patio and then on towards the garden and freedom ... on two legs!!!

It looked so funny: forearms waving excitedly as it ran as fast as it could on its hind legs.

A bit like Rango. 

We did laugh.


No comments: