Wednesday 5 February 2014

A New School (again).

Having lived most of my life within a 10 mile radius, I know what to expect from schools in the UK and especially the schools where my boys would be attending. 

But I now am out of my comfort zone and know little about the schools here in Costa Rica, and the education that they offer.

As I have said before, the move from the UK to CR was for a number of reasons, one of which was for the boys to experience a different way of life. I know that it would be unrealistic of me to expect the education here to be of the same standard as back home. However, as a mother, I still want my kids to get the best that we can give them.

So, after only two months of schooling here, and then another two months of 'summer' holidays, we have decided to start the new school year at a different establishment. Not that there was anything wrong with the original one that we chose, far from it, but the kids were not engaged shall we say.

So, instead, the boys will be attending an institute that is nearer to home, which will hopefully lead to more local kids for them to become friends with - most of the children at the other school lived a fair distance from us, so there was little meeting up with friends in their free time. They still can catch the school bus, the thing they liked most about the previous school, and even better, they can walk to and from the bus-stop as it is just down the road. 

Yesterday was their first day ... little response when they got home, other than being tired and hungry, but hopefully this will be the start of new and better things to come. Fingers crossed. 




No comments: